Carpet Cleaners That Can Give Pristine Results
What is a carpet cleaner and how does it work?
A carpet cleaning service removes debris, stains, and allergens from carpets. A carpet cleaner begins by wetting your carpet with a solution that includes water and carpet cleaning formula. The rotating brushes then loosen dirt and lift it toward the carpet's surface. Finally, it suctions out all the dirty water, leaving your carpet neat and clean.
Types Carpet Cleaners
What are the different types of carpet cleaners?
- Three types of carpet cleaning machines are available on the market, here is a brief description of each
- Home Carpet Cleaners: These types are small in size and have compact design. Due to their light weight, they are perfect for small homes as they can move easily around the house and take up a small amount of storage space.
- Industrial Carpet Cleaners: These are heavy duty carpet cleaning machines designed to remove dust, debris, as well as tough mud and dirt from carpets. They are also built to be durable, so they can last a very long time.
- Commercial Carpet Cleaners: They are ideal for a variety of busy spaces like restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and other large establishments that require deep cleaning. While they are more expensive than home and industrial carpet cleaners, they are more durable and can remove tough stains and dirt embedded deep into the carpet.
What Reviewers Have to Say
How should you properly maintain your carpet cleaner?
Your carpet cleaning machine should be cleaned regularly to prevent possible clogs and malfunctions. The following are some tips on how to keep your carpet cleaner in good working condition:
Clean the tank: Empty the tank and fill it again with clean water to get rid of any remaining chemical cleaners. Before storing the tank, make sure all the liquid has been drained from it. Doing so will avoid clogging in various parts of your carpet cleaner.
Clean the nozzle: Remove dirt and grime by detaching the nozzle and washing it with running water. Dry and remove any dirt that remains in the nozzle area with a clean cloth.
Clean the brushes: Wash the brushes with running water and remove any fibers, hair or other debris that is caught in them. This prevents hairs from further clogging your machine.
Use only recommended cleaning products: Only use cleaning products recommended by the manufacturer. For a carpet cleaner to work properly and provide years of service, it is recommended to determine which types of cleaners are best suited to it.
Clean the exterior: To prevent buildup of dust and dirt that can clog your carpet cleaner, wipe its exterior with a damp cloth and make sure to keep it in a dry place after using.
What should you consider when buying a carpet cleaner?
To achieve cost-effective yet effective carpet cleaning, choose the right carpet cleaner for your needs. Here are a few tips on buying carpet cleaners:
- Ease of Use: For residential carpet cleaning, look for a model that is easy to use and move. The unit should also be compact enough to be used in corners and other hard-to-reach areas. However, if you plan to use it in commercial spaces, choose a unit that is not only convenient to set up, but also very durable to clean for a long period of time.
- Power: A good carpet cleaner should have strong suction power and should be able to vigorously scrub the carpet for a long time. Additionally, it should have a good heat dissipation system so it can function properly and prevent overheating.
- Weight: Look for a lightweight and compact model if you have limited space and with stairs at home. Several models are heavy and large, but they are designed for efficient deep cleaning of large commercial areas.
- Noise: Although carpet cleaners can't be completely silent, the noise they produce should be low enough not to disturb the neighbors and the residents. When choosing a carpet cleaner, choose a model that produces minimum noise while it runs, yet is effective enough to leave your carpet clean.
- Features: If you want to get the most out of your carpet cleaning, look for a machine with extra features such as the following:
- Quick Dry Mode: This setting uses less water and is used for a lighter clean and faster drying time This is ideal for regular light cleaning only.
- Auto-Mix: With this feature, the carpet is automatically sprayed with water and cleaning solution without having to add it separately
- Dry Vacuuming: This allows the cleaner to first pick up dry materials before washing the carpet. It prevents the carpet from being damaged by large debris while it is being brushed and cleaned.
Top 5 Carpet Cleaners
Looking for inexpensive carpet cleaners that do not compromise on quality and performance? Below are the top options that should be on your list!
Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner (Model FH50700):
Compact but powerful – these are two of the things that you can expect from this product. It has two times more cleaning power compared to its leading competitor. It has powerful brushes that spin to clean dirt that pets can leave on the carpet. It also has an innovative technology that allows for quicker drying. Because of its compact body, you will also like how space-efficient this will be.
Bissell ProHeat Essential Carpet Cleaner and Carpet Shampooer (Model 1887):
With an 11-inch cleaning path, this is an ideal option if you have to clean large carpeted spaces. The tank has a large capacity of one gallon, which means that there is no need to refill it frequently. There are also six rows of rotating brushes, so you can be confident that it will provide a deep clean on your carpet. For versatility, there is a tough stain attachment, which will be handy when dealing with stubborn dirt.
Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner:
If you want a compact alternative among the best carpet cleaners, this is another notable option. One of its best features is the dual tank system, which will separate the clean water from the dirty water. The tanks are also removable, which means that they will be almost effortless for you to clean. It also comes with a three-inch tool, which will be useful when you are cleaning hard-to-reach areas.
Bissell Turboclean PowerBrush Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner Machine (Model 2085):
Another product from Bissell, this carpet cleaner has been praised by many because of its lightweight design. At less than 12 pounds, this is Bissell’s lightest upright carpet cleaner. This means that it will be easy to move around and it won’t tire you out. It has a cleaning path of 9.5 inches, and it features four rotating brushes in a row. There is also a collapsible handle, which is a good way to store this cleaner in small spaces.
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner (Model 2694):
Among its other features, one of the most noteworthy feature of this product is its "HeatWave" technology. This allows the cleaner to maintain consistent temperature throughout its use, thus making it more reliable. It also has a deep stain tool attachment, which will make it effortless to get rid of set-in stains in carpets. We like how the hose has a self-cleaning technology, which will minimize maintenance requirements. Lastly, it comes in a compact design, so you can store it away easily even if you have a small cabinet at home.
In sum, a top-rated carpet cleaner is a must-have! They will help keep your carpet in its best shape through the years--and ensure that you have a healthier home! Whether it is dust or stains, carpet steam cleaners can be your savior!