Robotic Pool Cleaners--An Effortless Way to Keep Your Pool Sparkling
Robotic swimming pool cleaners are powerful machines that operate at a low voltage, so they're able to submerge under the water. They have very long power cords that are only to be plugged into outlets that are protected by ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to avoid electrical problems while in use. This device drives around your swimming pool, cleaning the walls and floor with brushes and vacuuming up debris as it passes through. They can be remotely controlled or programmed to clean on their own and come with a filter bag or a built-in cartridge for debris collection.
Types Robotic Pool Cleaners
What is the difference between robotic pool cleaner vs suction cleaner?
A suction cleaner collects debris by connecting to the pool filter system. They move around the walls and floor of your pool, picking up finer particles of debris at the bottom of the pool. These cleaners are more affordable than robotics, but they must be manually connected every time they are used. Additionally, they do not have a filtration system of their own and will rely on the pump and filter of your pool.
On the other hand, robotic pool cleaners are powered by a transformer that plugs into a GFCI outlet and converts the electricity to a very low voltage so they can submerge into water. Each cleaner is equipped with its own pump and filter and includes a computer chip that enables you to program different cleaning modes that are suitable for your swimming pool. In addition to scrubbing the bottom of your pool, these machines can pick up debris from the walls as well.
What Reviewers Have to Say
What are the advantages of using a robotic pool cleaner?
Robotic pool cleaners are equipped with a variety of features to enhance performance and make cleaning pools much easier.
The following are some benefits of using a robotic pool cleaner:
- Eco-friendly: There is no risk of introducing harmful water, air, or gases into the pool, which could put your health at risk and contaminate the pool.
- Energy-efficient: As it has its own pump and filter, it consumes very little energy, so it does not need to be connected to the pool's pump and filter.
- Maintains Chemical Balance: It aids in the activation of chlorine and other chemicals through the removal of algae, bacteria, and other debris.
- Low Maintenance: As it has a built-in filtration system and traps dirt in self-contained filter bags, it eliminates the need to manually clean the pool's filter and other debris.All you need to do is take out the canister filter, clean the bag and place it back into its compartment.
- Advanced Cleaning: Robotic pool cleaners climb walls and navigate between the pool's beds to clean the pool of all kinds of pollutants including algae, bacteria, and harmful chemicals that other pool cleaners cannot remove.
- Easy to Use: It's plug-and-play feature makes it so easy to use, no need for complicated assembly. Upon setting up the robot, it will assess the pool's dimensions, then it can begin cleaning with just a push of a button.
How long do robot pool cleaners last?
Typically, robot pool cleaners will last between four and five years. With proper maintenance, it can last up to eight years. Despite the fact that you can find cheaper models that do not have the same lifespan, given the right care, they will still last at least three years.
How to maintain your robotic pool cleaner?
To keep their efficiency high, robotic pool cleaners require proper maintenance. Here are some tips on how to take care of your pool cleaners:
- Remove the robot’s canister or filter bag after every use. Rinse thoroughly with a hose to remove any remaining debris
- Make sure your machine's brushes, impeller and drive tracks are clean before storing it
- Make sure your pool unit is removed once it has finished its cleaning cycle and keep it in a cool, dry place.
- Drain the hose and wind the robot's power cable up and attach it to the unit's holder after it has been used to prevent kinking.
- Regularly inspect all components for signs of wear, cracks, or damage. If the brushes seem worn, replace them immediately to ensure the device is working at its best.